Sunday, June 20, 2010

The tooth Saga, Part II

Do you all remember several weeks ago when I posted about Cosette losing her first tooth? Remember how Joel dropped it on the floor, and we almost couldn't find it, and we had to search for it on our hands and knees under the stove with a flashlight? Well, welcome Part II......


The first tooth falling out apparently encouraged the second tooth to be loose, because within a matter of days, she was wiggling it and showing me how loose it was. Last night, it came out. No, she didn't pull it this time. I was in the middle of praying during our family prayer time, when she bumped my elbow, and with a funny look on her face, pointed to her closed mouth. The tooth had just fallen out while she wiggled it.

Anyway, she put it in a little plastic bag with her other tooth and declared "I want to save ALL my teeth forever and ever!" Uhg....seems a little gross to me, but whatever floats your boat.

Enter Sunday morning. I was busy packing diaper bags, bathing babies, and cleaning up the kitchen, getting ready to go to church. I spied a little 'empty' plastic bag on the counter, and tossed it in the trash can. Yes, I did. No, I'm not joking.

Hours passed. We went to church, came home, ate lunch....more and more stuff got thrown into that trash can. Suddenly, around 3:00, just out of the blue, for no reason at all, it hit me.

Oh my goodness! That bag had her teeth in it! I wanted to hit myself! I ran over to the trash can and began frantically pulling trash out and digging through it. Bits of food, dirty diapers, soiled napkins...it didn't matter. I was digging like a mad woman, hoping beyond hope that I'd find the little plastic bag with the teeth.

But, God must have had pity on my stupidity and carelessness, because suddenly, I saw it. The little bag. With both teeth still in it! Praise the Lord, my life was rescued!!

And next time she looses a tooth, it is immediately being put somewhere VERY safe......

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

eeeewwww :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...