Thursday, June 24, 2010

Getting to know Leanna

My baby, Leanna Rose Curtis---many have longed for a blessing just like you
Why God chose to bless us with you, we'll never know, but be eternally grateful
For nine months we waited for you, prayed for you, longed for you, loved you
You were our little 'Toucan' baby, and we couldn't wait to meet you


And finally you came, and my mama arms were full again
We delight over every little toe and finger,
your beautiful blue eyes and your rose-bud lips
We laugh and smile at your fluffy hair,
and the way the longer pieces on top stand up after your bath





My baby girl, my Leanna Rose, named in honor of your great-grandmother
I could sit here and hold you all day, rocking you, loving you
marveling that not that long ago, we didn't even know who you were
But now we do. You are one of God's greatest blessings to us
You are the one who snuggles in with mama to nurse at night
The one who smiles in your sleep
The one your sister just can't put down
and your brothers smother with kisses



And now, it is our task to raise you, to train you, to teach you, and to love you. We don't take this job lightly. We mean to give it our all.
"Behold, children are a gift of the Lord, The fruit of the womb is a reward." Ps 127:3

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm shocked nobody has commented on these new photos yet! :) So, here's my comment....

CUTE
ADORABLE
PRECIOUS
PERFECT
SPEACHLESS...

I think that covers it!

Anonymous said...

very nice.
Mom C.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...