Friday, May 21, 2010

Weird.....

So I have a new baby on the way, any day now. My whole house seems to know this. And I don't mean the people in my house either. No, I'm referring to the non-living items in my house......


  • My hearing aid broke a few weeks ago. Yep. Just up and died on me one morning. These are very expensive, high-maintenance hearing aids, which are expected to 'die' every now and then, so it didn't surprise me, but still....a mere three months after we purchased them? I thanked God that it was well before baby was due, and sent it back to be fixed. They 'fixed' it, sent it back to me.....and now it's threatening to do the same thing again. But it's too late now to send it back and be sure of having it before labor starts. I could wear my old one in a pinch, but would prefer not to. Kind of like having to wear an old pair of glasses that the prescription is wrong on, you know? So, I'll keep it for now, and pray it keeps working until after the baby gets here. It's been cutting in and out for two and a half weeks now, so I'm praying that I can get another few out of it before it completely dies.....

  • The other day, I went to start a load of 'cold water' stuff in the washing machine. It was mostly new baby stuff----a bright purple baby wrap, some nice bright pink clothes, that kind of thing. I turned the dial on my washer, and.....nothing. Hmm....I tried again. Nope. Turns out the cold water valve on my washing maching is dead. Fortunately, I do most of our clothes on warm, so in the meantime, if I have 'cold' stuff, I'll have to take it down to my mom's.

  • Was prepping my camera the other day in anticipation of baby--you know, cleaning off old pictures, stocking the case with new batteries, that type of thing. Suddenly, it started going all 'klaplooie' on me, switching back and forth between screens, jumping all around, that type of thing. I had Joel look at it that night in case I was just doing something stupid, but no, it is definitely 'broken'. *sigh* Just in time for baby! It's a Canon, so we'll have to send it away to be repaired. Fortunately, we've had several kind friends offer the use of their cameras when baby comes, and Joel has an older 'work' camera that he uses on his jobs that could work in a pinch as well. But still. I wanted MY camera, the one that I'M used to, the one that I can store hundreds of pictures of my new baby on without worrying about it. Alas, 'tis not to be..... In the meantime, my blog may be a bit 'photo-less' :)

So, other than half of the appliances in my house breaking, we're ready for baby :) Still a week to go until my due date, I know.......but I like to be prepared ahead of time, just in case. Hard to believe there will be another little munchkin for me to love here before too long!

2 comments:

Helen @ appletree said...

If you see hundred hits on your blog each day this is probably me to check the "baby status" :-)

All the best and better hurry up until any more of your stuff is joining the break.

Elizabeth said...

Hehe.....between your friend Helen and your other friends and family, you aught to just have a baby-blog count-down page! :) :) I'm sure you don't mind knowing that so many people care about you though :)

I prayed for your hearing aid and for you!!! Years ago, when I was a little girl, my parents had my brothers and I in the car on a long trip, I think from southern WV where we were living to PA to visit grandparents. The car was dying. My mom prayed that God would get them to a place where they could get help and get another car. HE got them all the way there and the moment they pulled in to where they needed to be, 'kapluee :) So, if HE can do that, I know HE can take care of your hearing aid for you too! :) And the washing machine, and the camera situation :)

So excited for you guys!! CAN'T WAIT :) :) :) Love ya

p.s. I was walking/jogging yesterday and saw two young ladies and thought it was you or your mom and Kirsten walking together!! HAHA :) I KNEW you're family was HIGHLY unlikely to be in Morgantown walking the rails-to-trails, especially you and your pregnant belly! :) But I passed them and they smiled and said hi and I thought, 'wow, they really DO look like they could pass for Skidmores :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...