Thursday, April 15, 2010

Morning Thoughts

It is 7:49 am. My favorite time of the day. I've been up for almost two hours now, and there's much running through my head; probably too much to share in one post. So, I'll just share a few things.

  • First, God has really been working on my heart lately to draw closer to Him. I'm reading the book "The Papa Prayer''. In it, the author speaks about having a really good, deep relationship with God, not just coming to Him with our petitionary type prayers. Now, I've obviously always known this was the goal, but this really spoke to my heart right now, in this season of my life. So for me, one practical step toward accomplishing that has been to start getting up just a half hour earlier so that my 'quiet' times are actually 'quiet' :) I can't boast success yet---it's only been four mornings, but so far, I'm really enjoying it. Also, along the same lines, I really appreciated Elise's post here. It spoke on intentionally making God's Word a part of our life all through the day. It is written beautifully, and would be well worth your time to go read it.




  • Second thought: My daughter is becoming quite the writer/reader! I can't keep enough books or empty note-books in her hands! This is a picture of her first thing this morning. She is filling up that note-book with pages and pages of ---well, all kinds of stuff! She re-tells Bible stories, she tells funny things that her brothers have done, she tells about her feelings or things she thinks about---it's really quite inspiring :) She told me the other day that she might want to be a 'baby doctor' when she grows up, but right now, I'm seeing more of an inclination toward her being a writer :)

Well, now it's 8:01, and my two oldest munchkins are chowing down on grapefruit. I've had my 'quiet time', packed my husband's lunch, said 'hello' to my tread-mill, started a load of laundry, emptied the dish-washer, and enjoyed my own English muffin, grapefruit and decaf tea. Now it's off to get school started for the day :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...