Thursday, April 29, 2010

The little moments

I was feeling 'housebound' this morning. Not because I couldn't get out, because I could have, if I'd really wanted to. But, there was nowhere to go. I felt one of those fleeting moments that hits me sometimes, making me wish I lived in a larger 'town', with big parks, children's museums, coffee shops....that type of thing. Sometimes, the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence, you know? But, I wasn't going to waste precious gas, time, and energy 'going out' when there was no good reason to 'go'. (You have to realize, our 'town' is....well....tiny. The most 'exciting' things are the library, and then WalMart and the Mall, which are a good 20 minutes away).

But, God reminded me once again how blessed I am to live the life I do, even if it's in our small farming community.


After I packed my husband's lunch and sent him off to work, I spent a while cuddling with my kiddos in my bed, listening with contentment as Cosette actually read US a story!

I beamed with delight later as my two oldest leaped around the kitchen, demonstrating how the crippled man in today's Bible Story had jumped right up, healed right away by Jesus. They really were delighted to know how quickly and completely Jesus had healed him.

I smiled as Cosette worked diligently on her school work, and the boys played happily with legos and read books.

I felt a sense of accomplishment as I folded a huge load of laundry, and finally got around to cleaning our bed-room, complete with a much-needed scrubbing out of some dirty corners.

I breathed in the fresh air and sunshine as we took a walk down the road and the big kids rode bikes.

I was relieved to find left-over stirfry and brown rice in the fridge for lunch.

I took 20 minutes this afternoon and had a 'toe-nail painting party' with Cosette. Not because I really wanted my toenails painted ('cause I didn't, really), but I knew SHE would be tickled to death. And she was.

My husband is outside now, home early to give the lawn the first mowing of the season. Cosette is running around happily, glad to be outside, and my two little guys are still fast asleep.

There are salmon cakes, mac 'n cheese and asparagus for dinner tonight. After that, I hope to make it to my Thursday evening Bible Study.


'Home' is good. Home is a blessed, welcome, peaceful place to be. No, this 'job' of mine is not as exciting as being out and about, seeing lots of people, wearing nice clothes, or bringing home a big paycheck. But it is where I want to be. Days like today are just a little gift and reminder from God. Wherever you are, whatever season of life you are in, just remember that God is there too. Praise the Lord!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...