Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A lesson learned

You gotta love it when....


  • You look in the mirror in the middle of the afternoon at your hair, and say "Blah, that's really bad!", and a little boy's voice behind you says " I think your hair looks really nice today, Mama!"

  • You say you're going to get 12 menu plans done before the baby gets here, and you're half-way there...

  • Your one year old makes an 'owl' sound for the first time. "Whoo, whoo...." Also, his 'monkey' imitation of scratching under his arms and going 'eee-eee' is pretty funny too.

  • You think you might actually finish the current book before next weeks book club. Maybe. No guarantee. But maybe.

  • You spent over an hour on the week's budget, and it all fell into place the first time---no going back, deleting numbers, rechecking lines, re-adding, wondering if the computer is playing tricks on you, or anything. It just worked. Oh, except that you realize that you deleted a receipt out of the food budget twice, and you get to add it back in. Those kinds of mistakes I don't mind :)

  • The time ticker for your baby waiting days now says less than fifty....

  • Three little kids come inside from an afternoon of playing in the yard, filthy and a mess, but oh so ready for a good afternoon's nap!

  • You have a new niece or nephew due any day now.....

  • You are reminded that God's Word is 'living and active'----every single time you open it up!

I realized the other day that I had prayed for the ability to 'focus on You, God', and have a 'cheerful' attitude for the morning. Then, when things didn't go my way, I got.....grumpy. I scowled. I grumbled. I counted in my head the number of things going wrong. And then, I realized, that my 'ability to focus on God' shouldn't depend on my circumstances. What I had really wanted was for God to make my whole morning go perfectly without any distractions or difficulties. What I SHOULD have wanted was for God to help me get through those difficulties with grace and wisdom. Jesus said that in this world, we will have troubles....but He has already overcome them!! Working hard to show His light, finding the joy in everything, even if it's not MY idea of a 'perfect morning' :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so right.
Mom C

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...