Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Food, Glorious Food....(Think 'Oliver'!)

Just some incredible recipe links....because next to my family(and God, of course, but doesn't that go without saying?) food excites me almost more than anything else. Pathetic, I know, but I think at eight months pregnant, I'm allowed to say that :)

  • Do you love those strawberry-lime lemonades from Applebees? Ummm.....I do! I got one the last time Joel and I had a gift-card and ate out :) Which, funny to say, is the LAST time I've eaten out. So, I was wanting to find a way to make something similar in my own kitchen. Go here to find a recipe that will give you a similar type of 'special' drink, with only a few ingredients. The only thing I did differently was to crush the ice along with everything else.

  • This recipe has made it into our 'favorites' box! It will definitely be showing up frequently in the future. Get your spinach in very painlessly! Just a couple of notes on it----it sounds complicated in the recipe, but it's really not. Just mix up the meat patties like you would a salmon cake, and sautee them in a frying pan or griddle. When they are done, make the sauce, top the patties with cheese, and smother them in the yummy sauce. OH, so good! Second note: I used chicken broth instead of the dry white wine.

  • This brownie recipe was simple and made my favorite kind of brownies---gooey and sticky! I topped them with a simple butter-cream frosting.

  • Black bean burgers----don't eat them expecting a hamburger----because they're not! Expect them to be what they are---black bean burgers--and they become quite the inexpensive, delicious meal!

  • These chocolate chip granola bars taste better than any I've had from the store. You can use whole wheat flour and throw in some ground flax seed if you want to up the nutrition content.

  • This Lime Blueberry Tiramisu looks incredible, but I haven't had a chance to make it yet. So if you try it, please let me know if it turns out yummy :)

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

um, this could be one time when reading Jaime's blog at midnight is NOT a good thing!!! HAHAHA :) Actually, our MTNA chapter had dinner at Applebee's tonight (& our advisor/professor paid for the whole thing!!!) so, I'm not really hungry right now....which is good...and also that I've got a presentation to prepare now (yes, at midnight) so, there isn't time to make those delicious brownies...but maybe another time soon!! :) take care....I'm sure Toucan is going to have to adjust from all this great variety to just milk in a few weeks....heehehee :) :) :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...