Friday, April 30, 2010

Baby Thoughts

I'm getting ready to put up my MAY calendar. Just so you all know. I have been waiting for this month since......last fall, when we found out we were expecting :) Too bad I have to wait the entire month......but that's okay. Waiting to meet a little person whom you love beyond words, but have never even met before is one of the greatest tests of patience! I thought maybe it would be easier this time around, since she's the fourth child and everything. But it's not. She's just as loved and eagerly awaited as all her brothers and sister before her! Shortly before we were expecting Cosette, we suffered an early miscarriage. That was one of the hardest things I've ever had to endure. I remember crying and imagining that maybe we would never have children. (A bit of an extreme reaction for a first miscarriage, I know, but it's hard to put yourself in that place unless you've experienced it)


But here we are, six years later, with our fourth on the way. I know we are blessed beyond words. I know that it's not so 'easy' for some people. I know that, for whatever reason, God chooses to allow the 'waiting' to go on longer and longer, while they're arms remain empty. If you are one of those people, my heart goes out to you. I understand only on a very, very small level what you are feeling. I don't know why we have been blessed with 'almost' four......but we want to treasure, love, and raise these children God has given us to the best of our abilities. So, maybe that is part of the reason why I see each new baby that enters our household as a true treasure, as a gift from God. People have asked me "Why four in so short a time?" My response? " Why NOT four??"


You'll have to excuse me over the next few weeks as I will probably mostly be babbling on about 'baby'. But when you're this close....it's hard to think of anything else. You go through each day, teaching school, cleaning house, fixing food, giving piano lessons, getting groceries, going to Bible Study.....and all you can think about is that you're almost one day closer to meeting your little one.


Will she have blue eyes like Cosette? Will she have dark hair like the boys, or no hair at all, like her sister? Will she have Cosette's little 'strawberry' birth-mark on her arm? Will she be a good nurser? Will she sleep well at night, or keep me up? Will she be an early talker, like her sister, or will she be content with a handful of words, like Noah? And WHAT will it be like to have another baby girl? It's been so 'long' since I've dressed a little baby in pink and frills, that it will seem all 'new' again :)

Only time will answer our questions. Month of May..........you are 'time', and 'time' is a gift from God.......but please leave quickly!! ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited too. Each one is so different from all the others. Having more makes it almost more exciting to meet the next one. I love you!
Mom C

plantmyappletree said...

You sure got me hooked on the "series of family stories" you are posting here, so I can't wait for little baby girl and all the cute photos and stories... :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...