Saturday, March 27, 2010

So not funny....

So I was at my parents house last Sunday evening, and a bottle of coke just kind of slipped out of my hands, the lid popped loose, and half of that bottle of coke exploded everywhere. It would have been a whole bottle except my dad heard my screams of terror and came running to my rescue! Did you know that when a bottle of coke explodes it goes everywhere....on the floor, on white kitchen cabinets, under the fridge, even inside cupboards. They were finding coke splattered in weird places for quite a while. And all I wanted in the first place was a tiny mouthful!

Fast forward to Thursday evening. I was there again for Bible Study. I got a bottle of tea out of the fridge, and, while holding a glass, asked if I could open it. My mom was about to say sure, but then remembered the coke incident, and said "Um, actually, no! Kristin, go pour a glass of tea for Jaime!" I laughed at their goofiness---"Guys, tea doesn't explode!" As I shook my head in amusement, I turned around to sit the empty glass and the tea on the counter and.....

The glass just kind of slipped out of my hands.....right onto the hard tile floor in the kitchen, and shattered. No kidding. So we had to stop in the middle of our Bible Study discussion to clean up my broken glass. Mom says it's a good thing Toucan is still in utero right now, or she'd be an endangered species too.....

Let's just say I'm banned from everything in the kitchen now except plastic cups and water. At least until the baby comes and my 'pregnancy clutziness' is gone ;)

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

haha! Sorry, I couldn't help laughing :) That's pretty funny. Maybe your mom and sister could get you a sippy cup until the baby comes :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...