Saturday, March 13, 2010

More homeschooling updates

Love, love, LOVE homeschooling so far! Every day is new and exciting. When you see a 'light-bulb' go off in your child's head, it is so rewarding! Cosette and I really enjoy her science days. Here is Cosette's first ever science experiment paper :) I asked her to write a 'summary' on the experiments she had done that day. She did this all on her own. Notice that she is still spelling everything very phonetically. Since she is reading so well and is still only five, I'm not too concerned. I know her spelling will catch up in due time. With that said, I was very proud of her.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

It's encouraging to see a child having FUN learning science...and mommy having fun teaching it....science was a dreaded class for me from beginning to end...Cosette seems to be having a very positive introduction to it which is awesome! Can't wait to see what else they learn :)

(oh, I should add, I did do an experiment with a flower pot in girl scouts....that was fun!! But, that's about the only science experiment I can remember being 'fun' maybe you can teach me...heehee :)

plantmyappletree said...

So precious and wow, what a NEAT handwriting. And don't worry - my 'letters to father christmas' when I was 5 also sported a fancy grammar and spelling and indeed this grew out when I was older just by reading and reading.

The issue those days in Germany is that they "reformed" the way you are supposed to spell "correctly" but of course there are zillions of books out the in the old writing. Poor kids those days who have to learn the one thing at school and read the library books published before the 'reform'...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...