Tuesday, February 09, 2010

"Snowed In'' reading options.

I love blogging--sharing the small details of my life with you all. However, there is nothing significant or outstanding to draw you to my blog page unless you're already interested in my family and kids :) I don't talk interesting politics, I don't give eloquent and encouraging devotionals, like some bloggers I've read, and I certainly don't have time to share photos of all the yummy food we try around here.

BUT, if you live in a part of the country where you are going to be snowed in once again (as we do!) I do have some OTHER interesting 'reads' to suggest to you. Please check them out---each one is fun or interesting in it's own way.


1. Go here to read the most touching birth story I've ever read. Don't worry, it's not all bloody and gory, it's more about how one mom bonded with her new-born daughter, even under unexpected circumstances. Note: Photos in this post are beautiful!!


2. You must, must, MUST try these oreo bites. Mmmm....they're like a taste of heaven in your mouth! Four simple ingredients, and you come out with something SO good!


3. Jess, at Making Home is offering a fun book giveaway. All you have to do is leave a comment to be entered into her drawing for Mary Ostyn's book "A sane woman's guide to raising a large family"

4. Half the time, I have to re-read what my brother-in-law Jesse writes, just to make sure my out-of-shape brain is really 'getting it'. However, it's always worth the 2nd read over! Jesse will get you thinking about social and political issues, and whether or not what you believe would really stand the test of Scriptures. I've linked to his page here before, for good reason.


5. And finally, I have to send you over to my friend Rachael's blog, Grace Unmeasured, which is a photo blog of her family. If you're looking for something to 'feast your eyes on' during a snowy evening, go here! Rachael is a talented photographer, and puts amazing pictures of her family on their blog!


So, there you have it. My top five picks for fun reading tonight. Go enjoy!

1 comment:

Rachael Boer said...

Thanks, Jaime! Kind of you to link to our blog. I'd love to get a chance to get my camera on your adorable kids someday too... :)
And I enjoyed reading your other fun picks tonight too! That birth story is amazing! And the oreo balls - Mmmmm. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...