Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A series of unfortunate events

I was looking at a recipe card for dinner that night, and as I did, I opened the freezer door to check for an ingredient. As I opened the door, a bazillion things from the top of the freezer came crashing down onto my poor head. (And really, I THOUGHT the top of that freezer was well organized! Apparently not!) I rub my head, grumble, and proceed to pick up the various items and put them away. But then---where is my recipe card? It's nowhere to be found, that's where it is! Somehow, in the mess of all of that stuff falling, I lost my recipe. I don't know if it flew out of my hand somewhere, or if I absent mindedly sat it down someplace strange, but it was gone---still is! So, I called my mother-in-law to get the recipe from her. At least, I meant to. But suddenly, on the other end of the phone, a familiar voice picked up. I couldn't figure out who at my in-law's house this was, so I stupidly said "Um hi, this is Jaime" "Oh, hey Jaime!" I finally recognized my own father's voice, and realized that I had dialed my own parents number by mistake. "Oh, I didn't mean to call you!", I replied rather rudely. "Okay, bye!", my Dad laughed and hung up. When I finally got my mother-in-law on the phone, she said "Don't worry about it, you're pregnant!" At this rate, however, I may have no brain cells left by May!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok, you have publicly admitted that you are temporarily incompetent...send those kiddos to mammaw karen's house! Did the recipe wisk its way UNDER the frig?...that's my theory
mumz

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...