Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Remember....

Remember this photo, taken way back in September, on Cosette's first day of school?





She's been doing so well since then! We are now well over half-way through her year of first grade, and I am so pleased with how she is doing. Joel and I started her in first grade early, and we thought that if it took her two years to finish it or something, that'd be fine. Let me just say, it is NOT going to take her two years!! I anticipate her being finished sometime around the beginning of May, soon before the baby arrives, hopefully :) She is reading well, and hard words, too! Her hand-writing has greatly improved, and is very impressive for a five year old. She can count by 2's, 5's, and 10's, count simple change, is learning to tell time, knows all her addition facts up through the 9's, and will soon start on subtraction. She can tell you the days of the week and the months of the year, as well as read the day's date on a calendar. She has been exploring things in science such as: "What makes things float or sink?", "What makes the different seasons?", etc, etc. She can now fluently read Treble Clef notes, and is learning how to play the recorder. She might even be able to tell you a thing or two about Picasso :) As you can tell, I am very pleased with her first grade year, and am very proud of her.


Speaking of 'Remembering'.....


Remember when these two handsome little men were just babies? I'll let you take a guess as to which one is which one...
















And finally, remember this picture?


Our baby girl 'Toucan', as we are temporarily calling her upon Cosette's request, is doing great! She should now weigh more than a pound, and often entertains me with her strong kicking and turning. She had the hiccups the other night! Whenever one of us says something about "The baby in Mommy's tummy', Noah will run over to me, lift up my shirt, and gaze in curiosity right into my belly button! Funny. He always seems disappointed when he doesn't see a baby :)

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I do believe the top picture is Noah, and the bottom one is Eli.

Anonymous said...

Sadly, I have no idea which is which.

Mom C.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...