Thursday, February 18, 2010

Old, New, Borrowed, Blue

We decided for my Thursday Evening Bible Study Group to do a 'fun night' for Valentine's Day. We brought a ton of 'fancy' dresses, and everybody was swapping dresses and trying on different dresses, etc---'cause hey, even grown up girls like to play dress up once in a while! I let Cosette come with me this one time, because I knew she'd have a blast dressing up! We all had fun being goofy and glamorous ;) Next week, it's back to some serious stuff, but this was just too fun of an idea to skip! I wasn't able to get pictures of everybody, but here are a few of my favorites:



From left to right: My cousin Sarah, Cosette,
and my sister. The 'big girls' are both wearing
their mother's wedding dresses :)

Here is Cosette in a dress that I wore as a flower girl
when I was her age.

For some reason, everybody thought it would be hilarious
to see me in my wedding dress :) Getting into the dress
was not a problem. It was the, um....shall we say
'zipping up' that didn't work quite so well ;)



And here is me and my baby girl :)




2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You look great, Jaime :) I'm jealous of all the fun you girls had!!! Glad you enjoyed it cause I heard we're getting slammed with an even bigger storm next week---even bigger than the one we got initially---supposedly.

Thanks for the prayers by the way. I'll update you sometime soon.

plantmyappletree said...

Ugh, usually I read all your posts in my feedreader (but I need to open the "real blog" for commenting), so I was just overrun by a tiny little bit of PINK in your blog ;-)

I can't tell you how much I like your blog and seeing all those small little funny-thoughtful-heartwarming posts each week, I love it. And I promise I will be better in commenting again!

You should have seen my face when I just came here AFTER posting at my blog, since I have a similar photo series up there.

Can't wait to see your baby girl but you look too cute pregnant, too.
Btw I had a real good laugh about your receipe card story - could have just been me and I do not even have the excuse of being pregnant!
I bet when it shows up again you will not be able to believe that it was THERE of all places in the house ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...