Monday, January 18, 2010

Real quick...

First of all, thank you all for your prayers. I LOVE my new hearing aids--they're great! It's nice to be hearing again like I used to.... well, closer to it, anyway :) Also, it's an amazing thing, but over the past week or so, the tinnitus symptoms have really been reduced. The noises in my left ear are gone by like 85-90%! My right ear still has a ways to go----I'd say the noises there are reduced by about 40%, but even this has made a HUGE difference! Could it be that the hearing aids 'retrained' my brain that quickly? Could it be that the antibiotic for my ear infection helped that much? Could it be that my stress level being lowered by the new hearing aids reduced the tinnitus symptoms? Could it be that the pregnancy progressed to a certain point that it just naturally corrected itself, like the doctor thought it might? Was it a combination of all of the above? Or was it just God answering all of your prayers on my behalf? I think it must have been the last option......Please continue praying. I'd love to update you all in a few weeks and say that it's even less annoying, or completely gone!! :)

Second thought---we're going tomorrow to find out what our baby is! I'm so excited. I will try to update here tomorrow and fill you all in :) (That is, AFTER I make that phone-call to my sister at work, who is almost as anxious as me to find out what this one is! She was there for Noah's ultrasound, and I know it's killing her to not be there tomorrow :)

Right now, I'm headed to bed. Tomorrow, I have laundry to catch up on, first grade to teach to a certain little girl, an 18 month check up and shots for Noah, and right after that, the long-awaited ultrasound! (Kinda convenient both our pediatrician and OB/midwives are in the same building :) It's going to be a busy day....

2 comments:

Kelly said...

saying some prayers for a very healthy little baby!!!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear the news!

Mom C

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...