Thursday, January 21, 2010

Glad to live when I do

I don't think I would have survived 150 years ago, when you had to heat your bath water over the fire. I would have been one of those people who always walked around looking sad and down cast, and nobody would have realized that all I needed was a really hot bath! Oh, that, and a pair of really good hearing aids, which wouldn't have been invented for another century or so. Oh, and also a good ultrasound machine to detect the placenta previa I had with Noah and prevent me from bleeding to death upon delivery. And I have to admit, I'd be lost without my electric fan blowing on me every night, and my huge humidifier keeping my hands from getting all dried out. So yeah, just thinking tonight how kind the 21st century has been to me---I don't think I would have made a very good pioneer girl, as fun as I imagined it to be when I was seven :)

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

lol! I laughed at the part of always being 'sad and down cast" because you couldn't have a hot bath...haha! Unfortunately, I believe I would have been equally miserable!

I'm so happy for you all with your coming baby girl!!!!!! :) Just think, in a couple years, you could come visit me with Cosette and mystery name baby #2 :) and we could have a true "girls day out"......eeeeek...I'm so happy for you!!! :) Now---go take a hot bath and be happy...haha :)

Anonymous said...

I'm with you Jaime. I can't imagine I would have survived many years had I lived 150 years ago. My issue is being very nearsighted. Living without corrective lenses would make life very unpleasant for me....as would no hot showers.

I'm so happy for you and your family. Another girl is perfect.
Della

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...