Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Our Christmas Card

(This is our 'official' Christmas Card of the season :) We will not be mailing 'snail mail' cards this year. Please don't think us cheap--I had to prioritize my time with all my little ones and my growing tummy :) Also, more people around the globe read my blog than I would be able to send cards to anyway, so this seemed like the most logical choice )












Christmas greetings from this branch of the Curtis Clan! We pray that the end of 2009 finds all of our friends and family well and enjoying remembering the birth of our Savior.



2009 was a good year for our family. We had our 'ups and downs', but God proved Himself faithful through-out the year, as He always does.




We (Joel and Jaime) have found ourselves busy taking care of our growing family. Joel has had a busy fall season at work, and we are thankful for his good job. He has also been teaching Sunday School at our church and preaching occasionally. Jaime enjoys helping out with Eli's Sunday School class at church and playing whenever I can on the worship team. I have also been suffering from a mild case of tinnatus---which is a constant buzzing/humming/ringing sound in the ears. From what I've read, my case is very mild compared to many other people's, but it is enough to be annoying! We have found an herbal supplement called 'Quietus' that seems very promising in it's ability to stop the symptoms of tinnatus. Unfortunately, it can't be taken while pregnant, so I will be waiting until after this coming June. Please pray in the meantime that God would find it in His will to just cure me of this...



Our kids are doing well and growing so quickly!! Cosette will be five at the end of this month. She is working her way very faithfully through first grade, and doing so well. She is reading and working on the normal 'first grade' math concepts, such as adding, counting by 5's and 10's, learning to measure things, etc. She is such a big help to me around the house, and often takes innitiative in cleaning up things and helping with Noah.



Eli continues to be my 'free-spirit', and is always curious and learning! He almost has all of his letters down pat now, and is starting to learn the sounds that each make. Whenever Cosette does school, he'll come to me and say "Mama, I want to do school too!" One thing that we are working on with Eli is to try to help him to 'think' before he does things. I will often find him in the middle of a huge mess that he has made, and he is almost always immediately sorry. It really is like his curiosity just gets the better of him and he doesn't stop to 'think' before he does something (like spreading baby powder all over his room!) I know that this will someday, somehow, turn into a positive character trait for him, I'm just trying to figure out how to guide it in that direction :)



We have been pleased with both of our children's Bible Memory work lately. It is amazing how much little minds can absorb whenever they are just worked with regularly and encouraged to stick with it!



Noah is my sweet-heart, my special little cuddle-bug. He has always been a little bit of 'Mama's boy', and I wouldn't have it any other way. He has been walking now since he was about 10 months--definitely my earliest walker yet! His vocabulary is still verrrry limited. However, I'm told that this is normal for little guys his age with big siblings to do all the talking for them! So far, his only words have been 'Kristin' (my sister's name!), and 'Mammam', which is how he refers to me. We are tickled with his head of very wavy/curly hair, which probably takes after his name-sake (my dad!)



One of the toughest things our family had to deal with this year was the loss of two more grandparents. My grandmother passed away this past April, and Joel's Grandmother passed away just a couple of weeks ago on December 2nd. They will both be severely missed this Christmas, and our hearts will seem just a tad bit 'less full' as we celebrate the season.



One piece of joyful news for us is that we are expecting our 4th baby at the end of May/beginning of June. You may remember that my pregnancy with Noah was not easy, with placenta previa issues and alot of bed-rest. This pregnancy so far has been going great with no complications, and we are SO thankful! We plan to have an ultrasound sometime in January to check on everything and hopefully find out if we are having a boy or a girl!!

God's Blessings to each and every one of you in the Advent and Christmas Season! Please remember to take time to 'slow down' and reflect on the beauty and awe of the birth of Jesus this Christmas!

Joel, Jaime, Cosette, Eli, Noah, and Baby :)
P.S. Grandparents will be happy to know that a copy of our family photo will be coming to each of you this holiday season :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jaime/Joel
I always look forward to seeing the new family Christmas picture each year now. And I love this one!!
You and Joel what a couple!! Cosette what a beautiful young lady!! Eli--what a smile and so handsome!! And Noah Shaun--what a cute curly headed little guy!! I love you guys and "Merry Christmas!!
Dad

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...