Monday, December 07, 2009

Explanation

I would like to explain a new change on my blog before it is confusing to anybody. If you go to leave a comment now, you will notice that there is a little box asking you to 'type the letters you see in the box above'. That's all you have to do---simple. After you write your comment, simply type in the letters that you see displayed in the box.

I have avoided adding this feature to my blog for several years now. Part of the reason is because my Grandma used to love to comment on my posts, and I was afraid that an additional step like this would confuse her. Also, I have never had any problems with comments in the past, so it wasn't a big deal.

However, just in the past couple of weeks, I've opened up my comments and found 'junk mail', comments from other 'blogs' that didn't make sense, and mass 'advertisements' for.....well.....things I don't want advertised on the comment section of my blog! I thought maybe it would just happen once, but it has happened several times, and it's starting to annoy me....

So, there is the reason for the new 'extra step'. This should help to prevent me getting any 'spam' mail in my comments. Essentially what this does is makes sure that the person leaving the comment is actually a real live person, and not a computer out there somewhere!

Please don't let this stop you from leaving a comment for me! I love the things you all have to say in the comments and look forward to reading them----those of you who are real people that is, and not some computer trying to hack into my comment section :)

So, if you're a real person out there, give it a try and leave me a comment right now :)

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Here I am!! I real live person!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, look at me! I'm a real boy!

- Joel

Chuck said...

Present
which means i am alive
in the moment
occupying space and time
thinking and feeling
loving learning and laughing
I'm alive!!

Rachael Boer said...

Got it. This isn't too hard. Even a sleep-deprived Mommy of two little ones can figure it out... :) Enjoy keeping up with your blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...