Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Cosette's 5th birthday!

Five years ago, on December 28th, my due date, I felt another contraction. I didn't think much of it. I'd been having contractions for two days and nothing had yet come of it. But by 1:00 a.m. that night, it was obvious that this was the 'real thing'. The contractions were less than five minutes apart and coming fairly strong. Our hospital was 45 minutes away, so I told Joel we better go. We arrived at the hospital around 2:00 a.m., and I was dismayed to find that my contractions had twittered away to almost nothing. I wailed to my mid-wife "But they were really strong on the way here!" She laughed and assured me that that happens sometimes. "You're definitely in active labor, sweety, get up and walk around some. It may be awhile." HAHA!! A while! Little did she know. That same day at 4:30p.m., I was still progressing SLOWLY, and was beyond my point of sanity. "This baby is NEVER going to come!!" I cried, as I smacked the bed in frustration with my fist. That's when I agreed to let them break my water. Ahh!!! That did the trick! At 5:16 p.m., after 22 hours of 'natural' labor, the most beautiful human being that I had ever seen was placed in my arms, and suddenly, all the work and pain was worth it---no, it was instantly forgotten. This beautiful creature, this baby girl, was MY daughter.

We named her---Cosette Elise Curtis. She was 7 lbs, 3 oz, baby blue eyes (which she's kept), and just a little bit of blond hair. She was perfect--she had soft, baby pink skin. She was gorgeous!! Grandparents, Great-Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, and even one little baby cousin crowded into the room to see my beautiful new child. (They'd been there waiting all day, after all!!) I didn't even care that my hair was a mess and I looked terrible. I had in my arms the most beautiful baby I'd ever seen, and I was more than willing to show her off!






Now look what a beautiful
little girl she's grown into!
Smart, clever, helpful, pretty,
and most importantly, she loves Jesus with
all her heart. She is the joy of our lives!

Happy 5th Birthday, My Sweet Girl!! Mommy and Daddy love you!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

wow...you made me cry! I remember the first time I came to visit you and Joel with your new baby. Cosette was only a week or two old. She was like a little angel :) And she still is!! Happy Birthday Cosette!!

Chuck said...

very nice
5 years goes fast doesn't it

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...