Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sometimes I forget

I'm running around, taking care of children, teaching school work, fixing food, getting Sunday School lessons ready....and I wonder why I feel so worn out. I wonder why my stomach is turning upside down, and my hips are starting to ache........and then, I see a wonderful, God-glorifying story like this, and suddenly, I'm reminded. Reminded of the absolute joy of a newborn. Reminded of their sweet smell and their soft skin. And then I remember....oh yeah, we're gonna have one of those in a few months :) And suddenly, I don't feel quite so guilty about the afternoon naps.....the occasional frozen dinner......the topsy-turvy stomach that requires snacks 'round the clock......or the clothes that are fitting more snugly every day. We're going to have a baby, and nothing else really matters :)

If you have time, go over and see Beka's Blog and her new little bundle of joy. We have been praying for them for a long time now, and are rejoicing with their new little family!! God is good, ALL the time :)

2 comments:

Jenn @ Munchkin Land said...

Isn't it so very wonderful about her baby girl?! I'm thrilled for them! And getting so excited to meet your #4! =)

Elizabeth said...

I took a visit to your friend Beka's blog. I can't remember the whole story but I do remember they had some big struggles a while back. Their baby girl is beautiful :) You and Joel are also VERY blessed. I'd give almost anything to be in your shoes. To carry a person inside of me and to have little people that look up to me and give hugs and kisses every day...is amazing :) I have some piano students who are small enough or who have siblings young enough that they are still very open and spontaneous and will sometimes give me big hugs when they see me. It makes me melt and think how amazing it must be to be a mother!!! DEFINITELY hold onto the excitement of what's coming and enjoy 'now' :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...