Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Proof that Pregnancy really does steal brain cells....

I plugged the light in the wall in Eli's room. Nothing. Hmm. I turned the switch. Nothing. Must be a dead light bulb. I went to the other room, and got a light bulb from another lamp. Still nothing. Okaaay....must be the lamp. I went and got the lamp from the other room that I had just taken the light bulb from, replaced the light-bulb, and tried plugging the new lamp in. Nothing. I turned the switch. Nothing. I tried every electrical out-let in Eli's room. Nothing!

Hmmm....there's something wrong with the electrical outlets!! So, Joel came home, and I told him. He asked me if I had checked them all, and I assured him that I had. So, he spent a half hour after dinner finding the right breaker to that room, turning off the electric, and taking out all the outlets to find the problem.

Here is where I start to feel stupid...gulp.

He came to me a little later." Um, Love.....Did you use the two lamps in the hall-way to check the outlets?"

Yep!

"Okay, well, one of them doesn't have a light-bulb, and one of them has a dead light bulb."

Oh....um.....I had never thought that the light-bulb in the second lamp might be dead as well! It had just never occured to me. The light-bulb in the first lamp was dead, and then I put another dead light-bulb in it! Here I was, thoroughly convinced that there was something wrong with the outlets, and it was just two dead light-bulbs. Good-grief.

Fortunately, my husband still loves me...

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

actually, 1 didn't have a light AT ALL and one had a dead light :) :) I love you Jaime!!! This is the first time I've ever had a chance to tease you for something silly like this....I get it EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! :) (And died my hair more blond.....not sure that helped!! :)

Elizabeth said...

oh, just read the head of the blog...I guess you do have a good excuse for it, then!!! :) :)

Chuck said...

all the nourishment goes to the child and your starved brain cells begin to regress, i've seen it many times

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...