Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Oh, how I wish I'd taken a picture!

But I didn't. So I'll have to describe it to you instead.

This morning when Cosette got up, I helped her to pick out seasonally appropriate, matching clothes---nice blue sweat-pants, white socks, and a matching shirt. Good outfit for being around the house, yet decent enough if someone happened to stop by.

However, after lunch, I remembered that I was supposed to run to the bank this afternoon, and we were also almost out of milk. So, I decided to make a quick errand run before the kids nap-time. Cosette had been playing in her room, and I called her and Eli to come to the living room. As my little girl ran out, this is what I saw:


She was now wearing a yellow and orange summer sun-dress, black tights, bright pink shoes, a fall purple jacket over her dress, a pink Easter hat, and white dress-up gloves. There could have been more, but that's all I can remember at the moment.


I almost cried out in shock and to ask her to go change clothes, but I caught myself just in time. She was obviously warm enough with all of those layers on, and she was 100 percent convinced that she looked 'beautiful'. So, I let her wear that outfit on our errands. You almost had to shield your eyes to look at her, but her happiness made it worth it :)

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I am laughing my head off right now!!! She is such a cutie and I'm sure she really did look beautiful. Awww

Chuck said...

way to go Jaime
I'm sure she did you look beautiful.
...And God smiled at you both.

Beverly said...

That's adorable! And good job mommy for letting her wear her "duds" in public!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...