Tuesday, November 24, 2009

"I could scream!"

Ever heard that song on a Broadway musical? I can't remember for sure right now which musical it is----I'm thinking maybe 'Les Mis', but I could be wrong. No, now I'm thinking it's Oliver Twist. Anyway, I can't remember any other words to the song right now except "I could scream'----because that's how I feel!"
Now, to my own credit, I am happy to admit that I managed to avoid any and all screaming. However, there WAS quite a bit of stern talking on my part!! And I mean, really stern! Here's what happened:

Remember the baby powder mess from a few days ago? Well, yesterday, my vacuum cleaner was still out of commission from that mess ( meaning I hadn't had a chance to scrub it yet), when Eli managed to dump an entire bucket of flour all over my pantry floor and rug. Fortunately for him this time, it was mostly an accident, but it left a huge mess for me that I couldn't clean up because my vacuum was not able to be turned on. So, the flour sat there for a good half a day, and Joel cleaned it up with his shop-vac when he came home. It really wasn't that huge of a deal. Until today.

Noah came running to me, covered in......what is it?........vomit? Sorry, but that's what it originally looked like. I called Cosette and asked her. "Um, Mom, that's dough." "WHAT dough??" Apparently, she had taken some of the flour from the day before, mixed it with water in a bucket, and made a sticky, ooey, gooey, doughey-paste like mixture from it. She had put it in a bunch of her toy dishes and was downstairs making pretend food. (How DO my children manage to do these things without me knowing?)

Anyway, Noah had found it, and now, not only was it all over him, but it was also all over the end table, all over the rug, all over the blue rocking chair, and AAAALLLLLL over the rec-room carpet. *sigh* Okay, *BIG SIGH*

We scrubbed and scrubbed and rubbed that stuff up as best we could. Unfortunately, it still needs a vacuum run over it to pick up all the little crumbly dried up dough pieces and----you guessed it. My vacuum is still drying from having the powder mess scrubbed out of it.

WHEN will it end folks? I LOVE being a mommy, I do my best to keep up with the 'necessary' house-hold chores like cooking and dishes and general cleaning. But all of these 'extra, un-necessary' messes are really starting to get to me! It's starting to feel like Mommy has nothing better to do than clean up the latest catastrophe! Ugh, God help me, because....


I COULD SCREAM!!!!!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I am so sorry, Jaime! Really, I am!! I will be praying that you and your family have a wonderful, joyful, relaxing, and CLEAN Thaksgiving day :) Love you!

Kristin said...

This is one of those times when I'm glad I'm the aunt and can just READ about these things :-)

Beverly said...

Haha to what Kristin said! Jaime, I've been there, my friend. Just stopping by to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!

Chuck said...

Praise God! It is ok to have days when you could just scream, reality
is like that

makes you appreciate all those quiet, nice, loving days.
White stands out most on a black background...
You've got beautiful healthy kids
who are active and creative and
... if you can step way way way back.. as far as kristin is, you can see the humor in all of this.

ps we had real vomit two nights ago and i would take dough any day

Appletree said...

Should I feel guilty that I am sitting here laughing once again ;-) ?

OK, I feel guilty since I just remembered that you are a lot pregnant, so it is even more work than it would have been without.

The positive side: your kids are definitely totally creative :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...