Thursday, November 05, 2009

The Happy Dance

I have had numerous people say to me "Is Noah ever not smiling?" And I do have to answer 'yes'---for instance, when he has to get a shot, or when his big brother is being too rough, or....well, that's about it. Seriously. He is one happy little guy. I've never seen such a happy baby. He smiles when I get him from nap time. He smiles whenever you say anything to him. He just basically smiles all the time, and it's pretty much been that way since he was a baby. And his smile---oh, it gets me every time. He crinkles up that little nose and wrinkles his big brown eyes, and I have to scoop him up every time and plant a big kiss on his cheek. I just can't help it.

But, as cute as that smile is, for a while now, he's been doing something even cuter. A happy dance. I kid you not. He takes his two little feet, goes back and forth and back and forth on them, and grins up at you the whole time. If you say "Noah, do you want a snack?" he does his happy dance. If you say "Noah, it's time for sleepy-time", he does his happy dance. If you say "Noah, do you want to play trucks with Mommy?", he does his happy dance! It's toooo cute. It's like his way of communicating that yes, this is something that he would reallllly like!

I love to see the kids personalities start to take shape. I can look back and see little glimpses of who Cosette is now when she was 6 months, one year, two years, etc. I can definitely see Eli's bright, inquisitive, curious nature shining forth from the moment he was born. Most babies sleep for hours after birth---but not Eli. He laid there in his little bed, wide awake, taking it all in---and he hasn't stopped in 3 1/2 years! So now, I wonder, what will my Noah Boy be like in three years? If he is so pleasant and happy and 'easy' now, will he be the same when he is four or five? I wonder :)

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

my mother tells me that when I was a baby I spent an ENTIRE DAY sitting in my crib sucking all the possible combinations of fingers that existed, until I found the ones that were JUST RIGHT...and here I am at 26, almost 27 years old and I STILL can't make up my mind about anything :) :) :)

Chuck said...

i really like the idea of a happy dance, sort of reminds me of "snoopy"
in Charlie Brown.
i hope it is an idea that catches on.

Appletree said...

Awwwwhhh - a happy dance, this sounds so cute.

One of my friend's little boy jumps up and down when he is happy, and my heart melts all the time, when he is doing this because I come visiting :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...