Saturday, October 24, 2009

This week's attempt to feed my family.......

.....if I could only avoid that 5:00 queasy feeling that hits me every day. However, last week's plan was fairly successful (meaning I didn't back out on any meals), so I'm hoping that this one will be too.
Oh, and I don't know if I'm really late or just really early in posting this (since it's supposed to be done on Monday), so I'm not going to bother linking to the usual menu site, but you can always visit past menu plans of mine for the link :)

Notice all the great crock pot meals this week!

Saturday: Crock-pot Italian Chicken over rice (a really yummy recipe from my mother-in-law, and really easy), roasted asparagus, and applesauce from the freezer

Sunday: Roast from the freezer, Baked potatoes (which will cook in the oven while we're at church), and left-over roast asparagus (This is the same roast from my birthday last week---we never ate it because my fabulous parents took us out to my favorite pizza restaurant instead :)

Monday: Dinner with some of Joel's family

Tuesday: Chicken Spaghetti and a Salad

Wednesday: Cheese-Tortellini-spinach soup (Got this idea from Jodi), and cheesy-gooey bread (I don't think that's it's proper name ;)

Thursday: We have all day Doctor's and Midwife appointments this day, so we're doing frozen pizza and veggie sticks with hummus

Friday: Spinach Quiche, Oven Potatoes, and either fresh fruit or a smoothie

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Mmmm...I love that soup! It's simmering on my stove right now in preparation for our Sunday dinner. And cheesey-gooey bread sounds like a perfectly delicious name!

I am SO impressed that you're cooking every night in spite of feeling sick! Way to go girl!

Elizabeth said...

You are incredible, Jaime. I wish I could come up with all the great ideas you do, every week. It is obvious that planning ahead helps you every time!

Hope you get over the first trimester symptoms you've been suffering soon. Also, I hope everyone in your house-hold stays healthy!!! Take care...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...