Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Little lentil beans sure do suck up a lot of energy....

I remember seating tables in high-school---wiping them off, setting them up, getting through the long line of people on a busy Friday night. I remember the phone ringing and people waiting to check into the motel. I remember the one night someone had waited too long for his waitress to come and got mad at me. I remember feeling tired, and having charlie horses in my legs at night from being on them for the whole day long.


I remember taking 21 credits in college during one semester. I remember endless walks on cold days back and forth to the chapel, practicing for hours, going to classes, going to lessons, then going back to my dorm and spending the whole night on homework. I remember feeling worn out and tired.



But nothing, nothing folks, compares to the 'worn out' that I felt yesterday. Now, yesterday would not have been that big of a deal, normally, but the first few weeks of my first trimester are always the hardest on me, and I 'ran' too hard yesterday. I went grocery shopping with all three kids ( I drug my sister along), and it was a HUGE order. Stuff was falling out of my cart. Noah lost his tennis shoe, and I had to go back and forth over seven aisles in WalMart until I found it. Then, he dropped a container of hummus on the floor, and it splattered all over the place. I had to push my cart (which now weighed about 500 pounds) alllllllllll the way back to the other side of WalMart for a new tiny container of hummus. My pregnant, stretching belly was feeling awful, I needed food, and quick, and my whole body was hurting from pushing that stupid cart. Little things add up, you know? When my sister and the two older kids caught up with me, let's just say I was not a happy camper.

I got home around four, and knew it was too late for the kids to have a nap. I let them chill out in front of a movie for a little while so I could get the groceries put away. Then, I started on dinner. Let's just say, by the time Joel got home, I was an even MORE not happy camper. I grumbled, I groaned, I grouched my way through dinner. I snapped, I snarled (Okay, maybe not really, but it felt like it). I can honestly tell you that I have NEVER felt that tired before on a normal day. (I say on a normal day, because I felt more tired than that after my babies were born, but those aren't 'normal' days :) I thought that my whole body was going to just collapse wherever I was standing. I managed to put on a smile for my one piano student after dinner, but that was all I could manage. So, anyway, my loving husband put up with my grumbling, helped with the kids, and tucked me into bed :)

The point of this incredibly long story?? Well, I learned TWO very important things.

1. While I am pregnant, at least, I can not go grocery shopping every two weeks. It is going to have to be every week. The two week thing just makes for waaaaaay too much stuff, and it wears me out shopping for it, pushing it around, and putting it away. So, hello WalMart and Aldi's, Here I come....


2. While I am pregnant, I need to take a nap. Sound greedy? Not really. You see, when I am pregnant, my family does not like me when I do not take a nap, literally. And I don't blame them. I get un-functional. So, for my sake, my families sake, and the sake of this little lentil bean growing inside of me, the couch and I now spend a cozy 1/2 hour to 45 minutes together each afternoon. And oh, I felt SO. MUCH. BETTER today :)


Little adjustments for the sake of our new little one. Worth it? Absolutely :)

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

i am so sorry that you had such an EXHAUSTING day, Jaime!!!! I'm glad you're getting your naps now. I can't imagine what it's like to be pregnant.....sounds wonderful and amazing and awful at the same time! :) Perhaps I can come up some day and I'll take your kids for a nice long walk and you can have a special Loooong nap :) Sounds like you need it.

Take care!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...