Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Because sometimes it IS all about me...

I know, I know, I just quoted a line from 'Bride Wars'. Yep, I'm guilty of watching girly movies like that sometimes. Preferably, with my sister, while my husband is at a meeting, and with a big bowl of ice cream. That way, my husband doesn't have to be tortured while he tries to sit through it.





But, I digress. The real reason for this post is...well, ME :) (Hence, the title :) At least, it's about this fun '''MeMe" that I found on another blog

So, buckle your seat-belt, folks---here's 12 random things about me that I know you were just dying to know today :)



1. When you go to Wowmart, what one thing do you get every single time, besides a funky-wheeled squeaking cart full of frustration? Diapers or pull-ups. Every time. Without fail.



2. What is something that people are currently "into" that you just don't get or appreciate? I don't really know what people are 'currently into'---I'm a stay at home mom! I do know that my kids are into homemade orange-juice popsicles, which I find absolutely disgusting.



3. What is something that really hoists your sail that other people might feel "ho-hum" about? Sleeping in until 7:00. Yes, 7:00. I actually got to do that on vacation last week! Hey, I've had three babies in the past five years---'sleeping in' has been pretty much erased from my vocabulary!

Favorite song to sing in the shower or car? 'Lucky'--That crazy song playing on my blog right now that some of you have told me you love and some of you just don't get. Either way, it's catchy :)

5. A really great salad must have this ingredient: Crunchy yet soft Out-Back style croutons

6. Advice in a nutshell to new bloggers (one or two sentences): Pictures. Lots of pictures.

7. What was the alternate name that your parents almost named you? Do you wish they had chosen it instead of the one they gave you? Bambi. At least, my mother tells me that my Dad considered this name at one point. Seriously?? Um...I'm quite happy with my real name, thanks anyway Dad! :)

8. What in your life are you waiting for? That day when my husband tells me I have to get on an airplane for some reason. Okay, okay, I'm not waiting for it, I'm dreading it.

9. You get a package in the mail. What is it, and who is it from? My last package in the mail was a new Baby Blue's comic book, sent to myself from me :)

10. Today--what song represents you? Noah's 'sleepy time song'---I sing it three times every day!!

11. What is one thing that blogging has taught you about yourself? I was supposed to learn something from this? I thought it was a relaxing thing to do while the kids are napping...

12. How are you going to (or how did you) choose the clothes you're wearing today? What do they say about you in general or specifically how you're feeling today? Well, I wore my favortie jeans, a pretty multi-colored tank top and a white sweater over top. The jeans said that it was chilly outside, so no shorts, the colored tank top said that I'm a little 'girly' when picking out clothes, and the sweater said that I'll always be a little too conservative to wear a tank top all by itself :)


Now, wasn't that a fun MeMe? ;)

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Okay, you need to teach me this Sleepy Time song. Noah didn't want to take his nap this afternoon and Eli finally told me that I needed to sing 'da sweepy time song'. I told him I didn't know that song, so he sang it himself. He did quite well, but I don't think Noah was too impressed and I couldn't understand half of what he was saying to repeat it back :-]

Jaime said...

Okay Kristin, and anyone else interested, the official words to my sleepy time song for Noah (this is a combination of an old Psalty song mixed with the way that I remember it, which is probably wrong :)

It's time for sleepy time
It's time to close your eyes
to snuggle up and be
cozy in your bed
To dream of happy things
Like how much God loves you
'Cause you're His special child
It's sleepy time.

Adam and Jen said...

Psalty the singing songbook!!!! I loved those videos and tapes! Jaime, you might have to serenade us with the lullaby on our hotel stay next weekend!

Elizabeth said...

aw, I want to hear Eli sing it! :) You should videotape him singing it and put it on the blog :)

By the way, I loved that movie Bride Wars! Movie and ice cream sounds soooo good right now! You are probably long asleep. Tomorrow I'm going to be dodging the insane WVU Football crowds! Believe it or not, around 7pm this evening they were ALREADY taking over the city! I'm glad for one thing. One of the football players lives above me (which, although I'm not a big football fan, I still think is kinda cool :) anyways, I think it stays fairly quiet here the night before games....maybe because one of their most important players lives here! :) Haha...I don't really care why, I'm just glad it's QUIET!!! NOW WUN AWONG HOME AND JUMP INTO BED...SAY YOUW PWAYERS AND COWER YOUR HEAD!! (I'll be glad to teach Eli that one and he can sing it to me next time :) :)

Elizabeth said...

haha, I said "cower"...you got that, right?! :) (feeling a little silly tonight! :)

Marsha said...

Jaime,

My Mom wanted to call me Bambi Lynn when I was born. I'm glad that Dad talked her out of it and named me after my uncle, minus two l's.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...