Sunday, May 17, 2009

What I intend to do with my week:

(For those of you who ever thought that being a stay at home mom is boring)

1. Tomorrow--Along with my sister-in-law, watch all the nieces and nephews so that all the other relatives can go clean my other sister-n-law's house, who is due with her fourth baby any time now. So, tomorrow, that'll make eight children, all four years old and under, playing together at Grandma's house, with us two 'Aunts' watching them---should be fun :) Oh, and I think we're going to have a pizza party with them---that, I know will be fun :) Oh, and Cosette was invited to a birthday party right in the middle of this afternoon. Fortunately, it's right down the road, so I will be taking Cosette to that while all the other younger children are (hopefully) napping :)


2. On Wednesday, Eli has his three-year-old check up. Only, we just switched all the kids over to a pediatrician's office (yay!!!!!), so it'll be our first visit there. Joel's going with me so we can get a solid 'first impression' of the office, the doctors, etc. Then, we're going to make a day of it and go do our weekly grocery shopping as well :)

3. We've been trying to start a small group Bible study at our house, and we're hoping to have one this week.

4. If my sister-in-law's baby decides to come this week, I'll be watching her little girl for her for a few days. Cosette is SUPER excited to have her cousin spend some time with us!

5. Try to nurse a 10 month old who is fighting nursing constantly. I. must. win. Let me repeat that---I WILL win! I am so not ready to wean him, but, unless he's really sleepy, he's just too active to want to sit still long enough to nurse. It's really frustrating for me, but I'm not giving up. That little boy and I have two more good months to see it through, and see it through I will. At twelve months, he can have his heart's content of cow's milk, but until then, he's stuck with me!!

6. I hope one day this week to start planting my garden. Joel finished my raised beds, and they look wonderful! Fresh tomatoes, peppers, onions, radishes, green beans, peas, squash....yum, gotta love summer!

So, it's a full week. More busy than some, but that's okay. The busy weeks always make me grateful for the 'not so busy' weeks ;)

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like a filled week, indeed! I hope you have a wonderful time with all of your little nieces, nephews, cousins, however they are all related to you! It's awesome that your family is so close knit and that you are there for one another when you need it the most! Congrats to your sister in-law on her new baby :) My week is going to be filled with practicing (solo program, Rachmaninov concert, 4-hand recital program, musical, church music and organ practicing) and lots of working out! I worked out about 2 hours all together today...and I'm SO SORE!!!! I'm going to keep it up though. I LOVE running!!!

God Bless,

Elizabeth

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...