Monday, May 11, 2009

Rejoicing in reality

I would like to write you flowing words about the joys of motherhood....but my brain just will not come up with anything creative. I would like to tell you of holding soft little babies in my arms and cherishing every moment.....

But in reality, it was a 'normal' day on the home-front. Oh, don't get me wrong. Some days are filled with those 'hallmark' moments, where precious, sweet children all clean and dressed in pink dresses curl up on your lap and call you 'Mother'. Some days, yes.....

But most days, are like today. 'Real days' in the life of a mom. Real days, where you fight to get their attention every moment of the day. Where they somehow get lasagna from the kitchen onto your white bathroom rug. Real days, where there are loads of laundry to fold, and dishes to wash. Real days, where they break the second glass picture frame this week, and color with crayon on your front window.

Real days, where you smile in delight as they remember their memory passage. Real days, where you watch your baby boy taking his first steps. Real days, where you hear your daughter say "You can have the bigger piece, that's okay". Real days, as you listen to your daughter chatter non-stop and rejoice when your son gets another color correct.

These are the 'real days' of Motherhood. And yes, it was another day like that. Easy? No. Fulfilling, loving, enjoyable, and full of Thanksgiving? You better believe it.

2 comments:

N&A said...

I really liked this, and was encouraged to hear someone else talk about it!! Thanks for your note a few weeks ago. I've missed talking with you! Obviously things have been crazy - thankfully, not "preemie" crazy though! Just "two boys" crazy. Praise the Lord for that. :) Hope everything else is well! Hugs to you!

Beverly said...

This was a "real" day for me, Jaime. I love your words on this - so true, my friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...