Saturday, May 02, 2009

3

Eli will be three on Monday. I can't believe it! It's been three years already! He was originally 'due' April 24th. Days passed...and more days...and I remember thinking that this baby was never going to come! Cosette and Noah were both born on their due dates, but Eli....well, good things are always worth waiting for! So, ten days late, On May 4th, 2006, my precious Eli Jacob entered the world, and life has never been the same for me since. Today, we were looking at pictures of him that we're going to sit out for his party. He smiled and said, in his still rather broken English:

"These when I was baby, Mama! I all grown up now!"
He told me the other day that when he grows up, he wants to be a 'Daddy-Sunday school teacher-robot-preacher like Pastor Joe'. Now, won't that be a combination?!!
I wonder sometimes what I ever did without a little boy to grin at me in the mornings and give me a kiss.
I wonder what I did before I had a little boy to say "This the bestest spaghetti you ever made, mama!"
I wonder what I ever did without his little legs climbing everything---the couch, the counter, his dresser, etc.
I wonder what I ever did without his helpful, serving spirit around the house. "I do that for you, mama! I be 'entleman!"
I wonder what I ever did without his constant ''Mama, I have snack now?"
Yes, my baby boy is turning three. Stay tuned for birthday party pictures in the future :)

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

This makes me smile :) I remember when you were waiting for Eli! "Jaime's going to have her baby today!" NOT!!! And this went on for those 10 days...still just as excited to hear how your kids are developing and growing as I was the day you told me you were expecting them :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELI!!!!

plantmyappletree said...

Happy Birthday, Eli :-)

Marsha said...

Jaime,

Give Eli a great big birthday kiss and hug from all of us! Happy birthday, Eli!!

I've often said to friends when they were pregnant that once they have their little bundle, the will wonder how they ever lived without them. I have one friend whose boy in in 2nd grade now and she often tells me, you were right. I just don't know how I lived without him.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...