Friday, April 03, 2009

The Wardrobe Battles

Well, since I thought you were all about ready to hear a more positive post from us, I thought I'd update you on my Cosette-girl. She was such a big helper and good sport this whole past week! In this picture, she is wearing one of her 'new' dresses. I think she looks so pretty with her blue eyes and soft, fluffy curls. However, don't let her 'sweetness' in this picture deceive you! We have been having 'clothing' battles lately, the two of us. It seems like for the past several months, Cosette will come out in the morning dressed in something ridiculous---either too warm or cold for the weather, or it totally doesn't match (like a pink jumper with an orange shirt underneath), or it's way too old or doesn't fit anymore, or whatever. And, she has a few favorite things that she will wear over and over and over, till I'm absolutely sick of seeing them. Then, when I would offer suggestions on a more appropriate choice of clothing for the day, she would get upset, and, well, it was just a big pain. Now, if we're just around the house, I don't really mind that much what she wears. But, if anybody at all is going to see us during the day, I'd like them to think that I at least know how to dress my daughter properly! So, here is our new 'rule', as of last night :) Mommy helps Cosette pick out clothes the night before. Cosette can offer 'suggestions' of what she'd like, but ultimately, Mommy has to consent and agree. Then, the next morning, she must wear those clothes. We'll see how this solves our problem :) Hopefully, I can help her realize that she has other choices of things to wear besides her white ballet tutu and her red skirt! (I'm actually thinking about hiding those two things!!) *sigh* Little boys are so much easier---pull out a pair of sweatpants and a matching shirt, and they're happy! ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

JAIME, THAT IS SO CUTE. AT LEAST SHE CAME OUT OF HER BEDROOM WITH SOMETHING ON, HA HA. I REMEMBER DOING THAT WHEN I WAS LITTLE, BUT THEN, I HAD SO LITTLE TO PICK FROM. AS FAR AS COLORS, SHE WILL LEARN THAT WHEN SHE GET'S OLDER. I THINK YOU HAVE A PRETTY GOOD PLAN GOING THERE AS FAR AS THAT GOES. SHE LEARNS REAL QUICK. THE NEXT THING YOU KNOW, SHE WILL BE TELLING ELI AND NOAH WHAT TO WEAR, HA HA . LOVE YA! G. ROSINA

Pony and Petey said...

Please tell Cosette that I think she looks BEAUTIFUL in her new dress!

Honestly, I wish I had a dress just like it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...