Monday, April 13, 2009

Mourning

My dearly loved grandma passed away today at 11:45 at Johns Hopkins Hospital. She came through open heart surgery with flying colors, but a bad infection took it's hold, and well...it was time for her to go home with Jesus. She is in a much safer, happier, healthier place now. We rejoice for her, but are greatly mourning our own loss. If you are a regular commenter on my blog, you may have noticed my grandmother's frequent comments. She was a daily reader of my blog, and loved to see pictures of my kids. I think she may have gotten more joy out of my blog than even me!! I will greatly, GREATLY feel a loss for a long time as I open up my comments, and see none from her. If you go back a few posts, you will see a few pictures of her and my grandpa, under a post titled something about grandparents. I may be a little quieter on here this week as we will be busy with funeral arrangements and such. Please pray for us.

5 comments:

Jodi said...

I'm so so sorry for your loss, Jaime. She sounds like she was such a sweet grandma and great-grandma. I'm sure you're blog won't feel the same without her comments. Praying for you and your family; for comfort and for some sweet times of remembering your grandma in the days ahead.

amy said...

Jamie I remember your grandma very well - loved seeing the pictures of her on your blog. Besides your family and the Robinsons, she is the only other face I can recall from our Frostburg Naz days. I will be in prayer for you and your family during this difficult time, and especially be praying for your children. Can you post funeral arrangements once you know them?

Anonymous said...

For Amy's benefit I thought I would post these details about Rosina's funeral. The viewings will be Thursday 2-4 and 7-9 at Durst's on Frost Ave. The funeral will be at Durst's on Friday at 1:00 with a meal to follow at Trinity AG.

- Joel

Elizabeth said...

Hi Jaime. I just wanted to drop a short note to let you know I've been praying for you and your family and will keep you in prayer as you go through the next few days. I wasn't sure if you wanted me to come for any of the viewings or funeral, but you know that I'm here if you need me. Sending hugs and prayers. Love,

Elizabeth (and family)

Staggs Clan said...

Jaime,

Been praying for the little ones, especially Cosette and Eli and hope they are dealing as well as possible with the loss of your grandma. All of you are in our thoughts and prayers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...