Thursday, April 02, 2009

An end to an ordeal

Well.....Eli ate some food today, and was actually awake, alert, talking and laughing. My fever has left, and my tummy is about done rumbling (as Pooh would say :) The dirty, contaminated sheets, comfortors, blankets, pillows, rugs, towels, washcloths, and clothes have all been washed. The bathroom has been scrubbed and sanitized (Thanks to my wonderful husband!) All dirty dishes have been thoroughly sanitized with bleach dish-washing detergent. I think it might be safe to say that this whole ordeal is close to an end.....
Hoping to post pictures and happier tidings later sometime. (But no pictures of Eli for awhile, until he gains his weight back! Poor little guy, he's all skin and bones!) I tell you, it has never blessed my heart so much to see that little man sitting at the table, feeding himself a bowl of chicken noodle soup....May I always be aware of the simple blessings in life!!!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hi Jaime. I'm so glad to hear you are all doing better. This has been an awful week for you and your family! I'm praying that you all continue to get better, Eli gains back his weight, and I also said a prayer for your grandma's surgery tomorrow. Keep me posted...and keep on getting better!

Love,

Elizabeth

Chuck said...

so ... was Joel's last message on how Jesus sometimes leads us into "hard times"....?

Anonymous said...

LOL... did you listen to it online Chuck or was that just a guess? :) I preached on Sunday about how God interacts with us through the storm. The sermon was titled, "Take Courage, it is I". :) Whoda' thunk it right? :)

- Joel

Anonymous said...

I think that God sometimes teaches us patience. I know he put me to the test when I had to spend three days in the hospital looking at the walls. But the best thing is that he works all things out for our Good and his Glory. We thank him for what he did so far for the curtis family. Everyone will thank him for renewing strengh to little Eli. Joel and Jaime ,you both will be blessed with renewed faith. "Prsise his name".
G. Rosina

Chuck said...

charlotte tice is my source of infor on oakdale
she said it was an excellent sermon and told me about it
maybe i will listen online

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...