Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Attack of the MONSTER virus

Sorry that I've been so silent on here this week. We are basically just...surviving! I've never had a virus like this hit my family this hard! It has totally disrupted our lives since last Friday evening!
Eli is showing some improvement today, which is encouraging. He's actually sitting up watching a movie right now. He had been in bed since Sunday evening, literally! And, he finally asked for some food this morning. He only ate a few bites, but at least it's a step in the right direction. He hadn't had anything much to speak of since this first hit him. We also got him some of those children's strawberry 'meal replacement' shakes, and he drank most of one of those. So, I think we are slowly but surely seeing him headed in the right direction. It's going to take a while for him to get 'back to normal'---poor little guy, I know he's lost at least three-five pounds through all this!
Then, yesterday at lunch, I started feeling rotten.....oh great! Fortunately, it has not hit me nearly as badly as it hit Eli, probably because I'm an adult with a more mature immune system. However, Joel did have to stay home from work today to take care of everything, because I have no desire to get out of this bed. I'm hoping that a day in bed with lots of gingerale and mint tea to settle my stomach will take care of it.
Noah seems to be fighting it off as well---he has a slight fever, and some really messy diapers, but they're not as bad today as they were yesterday. It seems like he has alot of anti-bodies from nursing, and he's just working it through his system, thank God!
Joel had some slight stomach upset on Monday, but nothing major, so hopefully that's it for him. Cosette---well, bless her heart, she's been fine so far. Pray that it continues that way for her!
I'm hoping to update you all here soon and let you know that we're all feeling fine---Praise God when that day finally comes!!!

(Oh, and as a side note, pray for my grandmother, my mom's mom, who is headed to John Hopkins hospital tomorrow to have heart surgery to replace a mal-functioning valve. This is certainly not the first heart surgery she's had, so pray for her to have good spirits and for her physical comfort as well)

Thank you to all our friends and blog readers for your prayers and support---the internet is an amazing thing!

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh YUCK!!! Sending prayers your way.

Anonymous said...

Jaime,
I see the light at the end of the tunnel! Praise God! My day was made today when this beautiful little girl comes running in Grantsville Market to see me today. I was the recipient of one sweet hug!! I'm so thankful that Joel and Cosette have stayed healthy thru this mess. Once the family is all better Karen and I will treat you all to a night out on the town with a delicious meal of your choice and some fun for the grandkids!! (it may have to wait until Rosina's surgery-but we will wait and see) I love you!! Dad

Marsha said...

Hope the little one is feeling better. I know that the rotavirus is nasty. My older daughter got that once when she was a little younger than Eli. Long story short, she ended up in her dr's office with an IV hooked up to her because she was getting pretty dehydrated from it.

Also, praying for your grandma Rosina as well. Know it must be hard on you all.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...