Saturday, March 14, 2009

A way to wake up

Sometimes, God sends us little gifts to remind us how much He loves us....


Cosette has been in a snuggly mood lately. I will occasionally wake up to find her laying right beside me on my pillow. The other morning, I stepped out of bed---right onto her!! She had set up camp on the floor right beside my bed in the middle of the night! This morning, (saturday), I vaguely remember waking up around 6:00 and rolling over. *Thump* Yep, there she was, snuggled up right beside me. I groaned inwardly. Uggh---6:00a.m. on Saturday---I am not waking up yet! I rolled back over and went back to sleep. A little while later I woke up again and felt her snuggled up to me even closer. I sleepily opened one eye just a crack, and there were her two big blue eyes staring straight into mine. As soon as she saw I was awake, she grinned this huge grin, grabbed my head and planted a HUGE kiss right on my face. Then she wrapped her arms around me in a big hug and smiled this big, content, happy looking smile. "Good morning, Mommy!" I thought I would melt. Sometimes it still amazes me that I am this sweet little girl's 'mama'. Soon, Eli stuck his head around the corner uncertainly. "Mama, it morning yet?" he asked in his still imperfect grammar. I smiled, "Yes Eli, hop on up with us, it's morning" He smiled a huge smile and jumped up on the bed. I looked down at the foot of the bed where Noah's pak-n-play is, and there he was, standing up inside of it, with just his eyes able to see over the top. "Good morning, Noah", and I was answered with a big, happy grin. All three of my sweet ones, so happy to see their 'mama'---life doesn't get any better than this :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy Jaime that brings back memories when your mom would come down from her bedroom at night and sleep by the side of the bed. When we had Randy,and his bed was in our room, she would sleep under his bed. When asked why she did that, she said she didn't want to be upstairs alone. It sure was a blessing that your Pap didn't tramp on her poor little head.
G. Rosina

Chuck said...

excellent

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...