Thursday, March 26, 2009

Videos to hopefully entertain you :)

I am reading a book on child training, and one of the things the author discourages is making a 'show' of your children. You know, like when you have company over, and you make your ten -year old stand in the middle of the room and recite his latest drama memorization to 'entertain' everybody. For one thing, the company is usually not entertained, and for another, you risk giving your kids an unhealthy ego.

Upon comtemplating this, I wonder if it applied to my blog. But then I decided, 'No', for two reasons. 1.) You are here by your own free will. You visit my blog because you want to see updates on my family. And, 2.)You are an 'invisible' audience to my children---they don't know you're watching, so their ego's aren't being destroyed. (Maybe mine is, but that's beside the point ;)

So, with that said, I decided to go ahead and download a couple of these video clips I've been wanting to share, because I just couldn't resist :)

1. The first one is Noah and Eli. Noah thinks that Eli is just hilarious. One day, Eli was throwing toys around ( I know, not a safe practice, but dont' worry, nobody was hurt), and making this 'vroom' sound everytime he threw a toy. Well, Noah thought it was just hilarious, and was laughing out loud at Eli. Watch the clip the whole way through---about the middle is the best part :)

video

2. This second one is Eli reciting a Scripture passage. It's so cute, but hard to understand the words, so I'll type it out for you: "Now on one of those days, Jesus and His disciples got into a boat. And He said to them, Let us go over to the other side of the lake. So they launched out. But as they were sailing along, He fell asleep. And a fierce gale of wind descended on the lake, and they began to be swamped, and to be in danger. They came to Jesus and woke Him up, saying "Master, Master, we are perishing" (He has since memorized the rest of this passage, where Jesus calms the storm.)

video

4 comments:

amy said...

Jamie the scripture recitation is fabulous. There is a kid or two posted on ebay doing similar things but Eli definitely beats them in cuteness and delivery, LOL. so maybe it would ruin what you were saying about keeping their egos in check, but i think you should post it on youtube...i for one would post that to my facebook page and share it because it is so adorable/impressive! what a great way to teach scripture memory. we used to sing our scriptures a lot, but the motions are fabulous. especially the "fierce gale of wind", LOL!! :-) good job Mommy and Eli.

amy said...

and when i say ebay i mean youtube, LOL!!!!!!

hehe..."for sale, one adorable scripture reciting preschooler..."

:-p

Adam and Jen said...

As I have said before, those kids are adorable! I loved hearing Eli recite scripture and Noah's little laugh just makes you light up!

Anonymous said...

That's my boy! He sure is learning fast. Enjoy him while he is a little guy. Hearing Noah laugh just tickled my funny bone to no end. What a way to retire to bed at night, reading your blogsite and knowing what you guys are up to ( he he )Love you all more then I can say in this message.
G. Rosina

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...