Thursday, March 12, 2009

This and That

We had a quiet day at home today. Some days at home are hard; today was not. Today was one of those days when 'everything seems right with the world'. Well, not literally, but you know what I mean :) Some things on my mind:


~Noah is now on a wonderful night time sleeping schedule. He gets to bed around 8:30, and sleeps until about 7:00. This has allowed me to get up a little earlier in the mornings, which is nice. I've been trying to get up about an hour before the kids (about 5:30), which allows me to have a nice devotional time, as well as maybe some exercise--if I can get my muscles moving that early!


~I like to drink coffee, but I think I like to smell it even more.


~All of my kids baby books are up to date, finally! Actually, Cosette's is finished, Eli has one more birthday to add in May, and Noah's is as up to date as it can be. Yay!


~Who ever said little kids can't memorize Scripture? They can! My kids are proof. We are always memorizing a new passage with them, and even little Eli gets most of the words. They just recently finished Genesis 1:1-5. Take a look at that second verse sometime---it's down-right hard, all about 'the earth was formless and void'---and Eli nails it, every time! It so blesses my heart to hear his little voice reciting Scripture.


~Cosette and Eli are starting to take on more 'helping things' around the house. For instance, Cosette gathered the laundry for me today and chopped up the eggs for our casserole tonight( with a butter knife, of course!) Eli is responsible for clearing his spot at the table, making his bed, and picking up his toys.


~I need to get my kids outside more. I'm really bad about that, but want to do better. They have SO much fun when they get out there, and they sleep better for naps too! Today they came in all rosy cheeked and red-nosed, begging for hot-chocolate.


~I love pottery barn. I just discovered that today. And 'pottery barn kids?' Oh my, I could spend alooot of money there! Lucky for my husband, I do have self control, and I'll content myself with decorating my home with WalMart specials! But oh, one can have fun looking, right?


~I'm slowly working my way through that pile of library books. I'm hoping to add a book list to my side-bar soon, so keep watching for it. In the meantime, take a look at three of my favorite people in the world:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your children should be the happiest little creatures in the whole world. What wonderful parents they have. Keep letting Cosette help you at meal time and when I am real old (ha ha) she can fix lunch for her great great grandmother. Love Ya! G. Rosina

Anna said...

Once again, Jaime, I am going to bed encouraged. You are SUCH a great mom and I LOVE reading the love that pours from your thoughts. I get soooo much encouragement about my own little family from seeing things with the fresh eyes you always seem to have for your own. Thanks for always being the exact perspective I need to keep going sometimes...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...