Monday, March 16, 2009

"A Book is like a good friend"

Do you know where that quote came from? I don't. But it's true. I have spent much of my life curled up with a good book! When I was in high-school, it was quite common for me to finish dinner in the evenings, and then spend the entire rest of the night with whatever book I was currently reading. Unfortunately, with three little ones, that doesn't happen so much now. My book reading times are more like---15 minutes during their nap time, while riding in the car, while waiting in the doctor's office, while the kids have story time at the library, after Joel goes to sleep at night---and so on and so forth. But, I grab anytime I can! I had made kind of an 'un-official' New Years resolution to try to find more reading time, and so far, it's been a success! (Hey, it's easy to keep a resolution when it's something you enjoy doing!) So, all that was to tell you to check out my book reviews in my sidebar. You have to scroll down just a little bit, but they're there. These reviews are in no particular order. I'm simply reading and reviewing them as the library gets them in for me! Some of them I've really enjoyed, some I haven't. I'll give you an honest opinion as I read them. Now, go grab some coffee and enjoy a good book!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jaime,
I like your book reviews. Might try a few of them myself. We are missing you guys.
Mumz

Anonymous said...

Hi Jaime,
It's funny you wrote this. I just, for the first time since Holly was born, picked up a book yesterday. I got so into it, I ended up staying up way too late and reading half of it. I have missed reading so much and agree that it was like having a 'good friend' back! I can't wait to check out your reviews.
Love,
Kelly

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...