Sunday, February 22, 2009

Weekend happenings

I thought I'd share a couple of pictures from things this weekend. The first is the 'date' that Joel and Cosette went on. It was to celebrate the fact that she went an entire day without sucking her thumb :) They both got all dressed up, and Joel took her to her favorite chinese restaurant. Here is a picture of the happy couple ;) (Sorry it's kind of dark)






Second is Noah's dedication at church today. For those of you unfamiliar with this practice, it's not like an infant baptism. It's simply a parent's opportunity to express their desire in front of their whole church family to raise their child in the fear of the Lord.


Here is a picture of Joel taking the opportunity to thank our church family for all of their help and support during my complicated pregnancy with Noah.


Here is the prayer of dedication. The man on the front right with his hand on Joel is our Pastor. The rest of the people in this picture are my parents and grandparents. They all are members of other churches, but they were happy to be there today for Noah's dedication.












5 comments:

Anna said...

Jaime...this blog makes me admire you more than I already do and I love reading the sweet ways you interract with your kids. We've actually been trying to break the Binky with Bekah and she LOVES spending time alone with her daddy! I just wanted to thank you for inadvertantly giving us (hopefully anyway!!) the next best idea for giving up Binky! Glad your kids are feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Joel and Jaime,
Thanks so much for letting your family share this special time. We really enjoyed the worship and service! Also,it was a great time at the house with all the family--and thanks for letting us include K.J., Brittany and Kevin. I love you much,
Dad/Shaun

Anonymous said...

Joel and Jaime,
Thanks so much for letting your family share this special time. We really enjoyed the worship and service! Also,it was a great time at the house with all the family--and thanks for letting us include K.J., Brittany and Kevin. I love you much,
Dad/Shaun

Anonymous said...

Loved the service Sunday, it made me feel like I've been to church. Spending time with the Great Grandchildren was a highlight.
G. Rosina

Helen said...

What a special day - I know this celebration / blessing from our church and many of my friend's babies and it is so meaningful. It is a blessing to have a church to support you on this way...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...