Friday, February 27, 2009

Thoughts from Hebrews

I'm always amazed at how I can see something totally new after reading through a book of the Bible for the up-teenth time. Here is a thought from my study Bible that I read in my devotions in Hebrews this week. It's no 'new' thought, I guess, just something that stood out to me.

Hebrews 9:24: "For Christ did not enter a holy place made with hands, a mere copy of the true one, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us;"

1.) His first coming was to save us from the penalty of sin
2.) His present intercessory ministry between us and God is to save us from the power of sin
3.) His second coming will deliver us completely from the presence of sin.

Thoughts paraphrased from The MacArthur Study Bible, NAS

In other words: His first coming saved us from hell; His present work, made possible also by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, saves us from the power that sin had in our lives; His future coming will, once and for all, free us from sin completely--whether in our lives or the world around us.

Like I said, no new thoughts here really, just awesome to think of what God did, is doing, and has yet to do. He didn't come 2000 years ago and then leave us on our own to figure things out. His ministry is on-going and alive! Praise God!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Praise God indeed!

Chuck said...

love that "living and active" Word of God... always new, alive, organic, not a system of rules but a relationship with a God who is very much alive and very in love with us

Anonymous said...

Preach it sister! That's my dream girl!

Love ya' love!

- Joel

Elizabeth said...

Just wanted to say thanks for the message on my blog and don't feel bad about the communication. I know it's bad enough when 1 is sick, let alone a whole house-hold of children sick!! Glad everyone is doing better and I'll talk to you soon :) Oh, and the presentation went just fine and is over...the best part of all :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...