Saturday, February 14, 2009

And now, back to our regular scheduled program...

Well, we are back home. Back to the snow, cold, and....winter :) We enjoyed incredibly warm weather while at the beach, and had a great time. I'm back home to my kiddos, whom I truly missed while I was away! We walked into Joel's parents house tonight, and Eli came running up and wrapped his arms around me. That's never felt sweeter! So, now I know that I AM capable of being away from my children (at least the older ones) for a whole week......but I don't plan on doing it again for another five years or so :) This trip was kind of to celebrate our 5th anniversary, which happened in December. We figured hey, after five years of marriage, three children in that time period, and several months of bed-rest----we could really appreciate a week away. And we did. However, I never would have been able to do it if I hadn't known that Cosette and Eli were in good hands. They spent the first part of the week at my parents, and the second part at Joel's parents. Poor Cosette got her first ever ear infection during the last part of the week, but Grandma Rhoda took excellent care of her :) I'm sure she'll be back to feeling better soon, and in the meantime, she's hating the ear-drops :)
So anyway, thanks for indulging us and reading our 'beach letters' for the past week! It was a fun way to communicate with the kids while we were gone.
That's all for now. It was a long drive today, and I'm tired and headed to bed.....

3 comments:

Adam and Jen said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time and I'm glad you did! Sorry you had to come home to cold and snow!

Anonymous said...

So glad you and Joel enjoyed your trip. Maybe the next time you can make it a foursome. We went to Myrtle Beach the same week you were gone. The weather was about the same as where you were only I didn't like the cold air coming from the ocean. I was really glad to be back home in Md. Yes, I really said that. I think I was coming down with a cold and Flu like symtons. Welcome back home. I really did have a good time too. G.Rosina

Anonymous said...

Sorry I left little Noah out of the trip. I guess I should have said the five of you (ha ha ha)
G. Rosina

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...