Tuesday, January 20, 2009

To satisfy your curiosity...

Did you notice my new blog header? Of course you did. Did you also think to yourself "How did Cosette hurt her cheek?" Of course you did! I meant to answer this question earlier, but forgot. Then, when I read it in a comment on my last post, I thought I better go ahead and answer so that everybody can rest easier :)

Cosette and Eli were having a bath the other night. There was a bottle of body wash sitting up on a little shelf in the tub. Well, in the midst of their normal bath-time splashing, Cosette must have bumped the wall, and the bottle came crashing down---it scraped the top layer of skin right off of her soft little cheek. It didn't bleed right away, but boy did she scream!! It happened so quickly that Joel and I couldn't figure out right away what had happened---did she slip? did Eli throw something? Oh, no, it was the body wash. Honestly, I try to keep my house safe for my children, but who would have thought a bottle of soap was a hazard??! So, anyway, she's fine now, after she got over the shock of all the bleeding it did! Now the hard part is keeping her from picking at the scab! And that is the story of how my daughter got a really big, nasty looking mark on her face. Now, I hope you all sleep better tonight ;)

1 comment:

Beverly said...

Haha! I was scrolling down to see if you posted about what happened to Cosette's cheek. Poor little sweetie! Believe me, I know how the strangest things can be hazardous. I just recently got a concussion because I sat on the shower curtain and brought the rod crashing down on my head!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...