Friday, January 09, 2009

My night

I was just getting ready to turn out the light last night and go to sleep when I heard a sleepy little voice. "Mama, I can't breathe, my nose is stuffy!" Cosette had been asleep for hours, but now she needed a mama hug, a tissue, tucked back in, assured that she did not need medicine...the whole nine yards. I finally got her squared away and dozed off myself.
It was 2:00 a.m. when I was awakened to the sound of Noah, screaming his little lungs out. The poor little guy was starving---at 2:00 in the morning! He hasn't eaten in the middle of the night since he was about four weeks old! I sighed as I lay there, trying to rest while he nursed happily. His little coos and sighs of contentment were so sweet, even at such an un-earthly hour. A half hour later, he's sleeping peacefully again, and I am finally falling asleep myself. It was about 3:00 a.m. when I heard: "Mama, my nose is still stuffy. Can I crawl in bed with you?" *sigh* Sure, Cosette. I put up with her kicking, nose sniffling, and pillow hogging for about a half hour before I assured her that she was fine and needed to go back to her own bed.
The alarm went off at 6:00 this morning, and soon there-after I hopped out of bed, ready to pack my husband's lunch, nurse a baby, and get breakfast for two toddlers. (Oh yeah, and can I eat somewhere in there??)
As I reflected on all of this just now, I realized that the funny thing is, I'm wide awake right now. You'd think I'd be exhausted and run down..........I'm coming to believe that there is such a thing as 'Mom power' :) It's that extra measure of strength given by God that allows you to survive not on sleep, not on food or physical nourishment, but simply on the rewards you get from nurturing and loving all those little people you are around all day long.......it's still a theory, but I'm proof myself :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...