Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I gave my sister her Christmas present today...

...but, before you start patting me on the back for being early, let me clarify. I did give my sister her gift today----late. Yes, very, very, late. You see, last Christmas, my gift to Kristin was a 'day out' together, with no kids, shopping, meal, that kind of thing. But then, a few weeks later, I was on bed-rest. Then, soon after that, I had a new-born nursing baby that I couldn't leave. And, the year just kind of slipped away from me. Soooo....
Noah is finally old enough for me to leave for a few hours, and Kristin and I decided it was HIGH time to have a day out together. After all, better late than never, right?
We had a fun time, too! We ate delicious food at Apple Bee's, we looked around the mall, and she even humored me while I shopped in GoodWill. (For those of you who don't know me, I'm dangerous in that store! I just can't pass up a good bargain. I walk around saying things loudly like "Look, look, this exact same shirt was just $47.00 in Bon Ton!! I'm getting it for three dollars! Ha!" NO, Kristin did not pretend to not know me :) She even graciously followed me around, and suggested that maybe I could look for a wider color variety in shirts than just brown. (Hey, style is not my gifting! :)
But, unfortunately, the fun time is at an end, and tomorrow, it's back to being 'mom'. I have a house to clean, laundry to catch up on, a baby to nurse, food to fix, etc. I'd like to catch up on my work so that I can enjoy the festivities of the week of Christmas! Joel and I are really enjoying watching our children enjoy it this year! By the way, Cosette has been working hard to memorize part of the Christmas story this Advent, and I'm hoping to post a video of that in the very near future..... stay tuned :)

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

oh to have a sister!! That's great that you two had a day together..speaking of at least "pretend sisters" I saw Sarah today and she's so big! She told me they might induce her monday...but apparently her husband remembered the surprise baby shower cause she mentioned the birthday party is Friday night (and her mom told me originally Sat)...this is all pretty unimportant to you! Oh well...just excited...I don't know what I'm going to do when Christmas comes around some year and none of my friends are giving birth...it just won't be the same!!! hahaha :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...