Wednesday, November 05, 2008

I tried hard not to laugh....

I was innocently loading the washing machine, when "THE" question was thrown at me, rather unexpectedly. Cosette looked at me with an inquisitive look on her face and said:

" Mommy, how do ladies KNOW there is a baby in their belly?"


Now, she has often asked us how Noah got in my tummy, to which we reply that God put him there for us, and she's been quite satisfied with that. However, this was a slightly deeper question, which couldn't be satisfied with our typical 'God put it there' answer, so I had to think quickly.


" Well Cosette, if the Mommy's tummy starts to hurt, she will go to the doctor, and he will use that special camera to look in her tummy, and he will say "Oh, I see what your problem is! There's a baby in there!"


Cosette grinned, finding this amusing, and rode off on her tricycle--and I breathed a sigh of relief! I declare, why doesn't she ever ask these questions when Joel is around to help me??

4 comments:

Chuck said...

of course you know
her tummy will start to hurt and she will want to go to the Dr.
...
hope Joel is around for that one!!

Anonymous said...

Where in the world does she pull these thought'from .She sure has a lot stored in that pretty little head of hers. G.Rosina

Sharon said...

I am surprised that she accepted the camera answer. I was expecting her to question what else he could see about the baby in there!!!

She's a cutie.

Sharon

Marsha said...

Don't be surprised if her tummy hurts and she has a camera holding over it trying to take a picture of it to see what is wrong! She is so precious!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...