Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sabbaths and Dentists......

We enjoyed a peaceful Sunday afternoon here. There was just a little bit of snow outside today, and our house was nice and warm. Joel and I have been working harder to make our Sabbath's more peaceful and calm, and I feel that we succeeded today. I work a little harder to have things together Saturday evening, and that makes getting out the door in the morning a little easier. We are all in a much more 'worship' frame of mind if we leave the house calmly and happily before church! Then, this afternoon, we just relaxed with the kids---had a nice dinner, played games with them, ordered some on-line Christmas gifts, watched a movie, had hot apple cider, listened to Handel's Messiah (getting that CD out kind of marks the beginning of the holiday season for us!)......so, all in all, it was a perfect kind of day :)
This week holds much busy-ness for us. Cosette and Noah and I will be spending the day shopping with Joel's family tomorrow (Eli is hanging out with my Grandma, since it would not be a fun day for him!). Then on Tuesday, Noah gets his next batch of baby shots (poor guy!), and on Wednesday, Cosette has her first dentist appointment ever. She is sooo excited! Should I tell her that I hate going to the dentist? Nope, I don't think so. I'll just let her go and form her own opinion! I've been talking it up---you know, shiny white teeth, flavored tooth paste, a nice dentist, a new toothbrush----she thinks it's going to be wonderful! Maybe she can hold my hand and make me feel better through my appointment ;)
So, that's the happenings around here lately---hope you all have a blessed week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sound's like you are becoming the perfect mom with a lot of experience. Let us know how Cosette makes out at the dentist.

P.S Maybe you should take your camera along. G.Rosina

Elizabeth said...

Wow, that Sunday sounded wonderful!! And what I really want to know is (since Hande's Messiah does technically fit into the "classical" category)...when Cosette heard it, did she say "Ew Mommy, turn it off!" ? If she didn't you can pat yourself on the back and say, "Yay, my daughter enjoys classical music...even if she doesn't know it!!" Keep sneeking it in there....she'll like it before she knows it :)Oh, good luck at the dentists!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...