Sunday, November 02, 2008

Now GO VOTE!

I usually keep this blog simple and light-hearted. After all, it's about my family--our daily joys, laughs, and struggles. However, every now and then, I feel passionately enough about something to bring it up.
This Tuesday is election day. We as Americans will be voting for the next man to run our country. It will be this man who, at least for the next four years, helps to decide foreign policy issues, imigration laws and regulations, what to do about abortion, the war in Iraq, etc, etc.
I'm not going to take the time to share my views on all of these things--that's not the point of this post (besides, my husband articulates those type of things better than I do!) The point is, whatever YOUR view is on them, it is your duty, your right, to get out and vote! The election is not decided one way or the other yet, folks, and it will be US, the American people, who will make that final decision. Wouldn't you like to know that you were a part of it?

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Good morning Jaime!! Just thought I'd share with you a VERY rare occurance...I woke up before 6am!! I'm feeling it too!! My friend Malorie was visiting me last night...just for one evening. I hadn't seen her in over a year. She had to wake up early this morning, and drug me out of bed with her...it's still quiet in the house so if I can keep my eyes open, which I think I've made it through the toughest part..getting out of bed and taking a shower....now I think I should be able to get some stuff done!! I was thinking of you this morning and how yu always get up around...what is it??? 4:30?!!!! WOW!!

Anyways, yes, I'll be joining you at the poles tomorrow morning...so glad I'll be home when the results come out...I have no desire to be in my apartment when it happens...either way! Let's keep on praying for the election and our country....I think aside from voting, that's all we can do right now! HAVE A GREAT DAY! :)

Elizabeth said...

I think that should have been "polls" not "poles"....oops

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...