Sunday, November 23, 2008

It is official....

...the holidays are upon us! And I hope that as you read that, you are filled with anticipation and joy, and not stress and worry. I read this quote recently, and I can't remember where it was from, in order to give credit to the original author. But, I liked it so much, I had to share it with you all:



" You create the holidays, you don't buy them"






Here in our house, we are working on creating the holidays this year--creating the worship, the awe, the joy, and the praise that we experience at the birth of Christ.




We started this already as we said a word of Thanks that God has provided for us so well that we are able to share some of that with others through 'Operation Christmas Child'. We smiled with pride as our children marched their boxes up to the front of the church this morning.





We will light Advent candles each evening we are home, and help our children memorize the birth of Christ from the pages of Luke. We will pray and hope that they absorb the joy that we feel as Christians as we reflect on our Savior..




We will rejoice this Thursday as we have dinner with my parents, and say another word of thanks that my mom is doing and feeling soooo much better than she was two Thanksgiving's ago.




We will rejoice as we hold our Noah baby, and remember that it was last holiday season that I was rushed to the emergency room with severe bleeding, and we thought for sure we had lost the baby. It was December 31st, 2007 that I saw his little image up on the ultrasound screen for the first time, and wept tears of relief and joy.




Joel and I will be filled with joy on December 13th as we celebrate our anniversary--five years together already!





We will sing praises on December 29th as our oldest child celebrates her fourth birthday.





Yes, the next month is quite full for our family---and we love it! Every year, I am reminded of just how much I have to praise God for!




I pray that, no matter what your circumstances are right now, that God will fill you with his peace and joy this Christmas. Even if you are not surrounded by family and friends, or things are not going as well for you as you'd like, God extends His hand and offers to fill that void for you this Christmas......"For behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy...."


2 comments:

Patti said...

Hi, I found your blog through A Path Made Staight, but I'm not sure how I found my way there. (The beauty of blogging...just a click of the mouse and you're in another state!!)

Congratulations on your little boy. As one who has longed for another child for many years now and who is battling secondary infertility, I rejoice with you over the precious blessing. We are currently knee-deep in the paperwork to adopt one of God's precious orphans.

I recently posted on my own blog about Thanksgiving plans. Yes, we'd far prefer to be with the precious family we miss so much, but since that is not possible, we have chosen to share our holiday with others who, also, are missing family.

Again, rejoicing with you!

Blessings,
Patti

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for the encouragement Jaime. You are right, we all have something wonderful to be thankful for--God's love for us. It sounds so "cliche" to a non-Christian but is so true to a believer!! I'm hanging on to that this year, and praying that God will help me to be thankful for all that He's already given me, and that I'll learn to be content with that, without needing more. You are not just a good friend but a very wise and grateful Christian...it's evident in all that you say and do!! Happy Thanksgiving

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...