Friday, October 03, 2008

An up-and-coming artist....

Cosette decided to experiment and see how many different things she could write on with a pen or pencil-- the wall, her pink jeans, her fingers, her little brother (!!), her dinner plate.....and Daddy decided that was enough. Cosette was put on a 'pen fast' today, which means she is not allowed to write with a pen, pencil, crayon, or any other writing instrument. It has been a loooong day for her, as she loves to scribble away in notebooks all day long. She came to me teary eyed this morning and said "Does that mean I can't use my Etch-a-sketch today either, mommy?" I assured her she could :)

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Aw, poor Cosette :) I feel for her, really I do!!

It reminds me of last weekend at my church. I was helping with the 4 year olds through 2nd graders at our church music workshop for kids that we were hosting with the other United Methodist churches. I had a little boy from my church, and the group I was working with. During the performances he was frantic because he didn't have something to draw on! Finally, I got him to sit down next to me, gave him the back of my program/schedule, and a pencil from a pew, and he just scribbled away and away!! Every time we sat down in between singing, I had to find the paper and get him seated as fast as possible, otherwise, the franticness started all over...kids :)

ps tell Cosette she can come down here to visit me and scribble all over my doctorate keyboard exam notes...I'm so sick of them!! :) see you next week!!

Anonymous said...

Jaime just send Cosette to her Grandma Karen's. She has a much bigger house then you and she can find more things to write on.hahaha
G.Rosina

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...