Thursday, September 25, 2008

Teach them diligently.....

The kids and I always do their morning devotions at the table after breakfast. We use 'The Bible in pictures for Little Eyes'. Anyway, the other morning, I cleaned them all up after breakfast and got them down from the table before remembering that we hadn't done devotions yet. When I went to call them back, this is what I found:

Cosette had found a different children's Bible, and was earnestly 'reading' all the stories to Eli. It so blesses me to see my children growing and maturing like this! They knew it was supposed to be Bible reading time, so they found a Bible and started reading it! I wanted to scoop them both up right then and give them a big hug. Instead, I grabbed my camera :)

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That is so great to hear for two reasons! First of all, they are reading the Bible on their own (or at least trying to). Secondly, Cosette sees the importance of sharing with her little brother, so he can read and learn too.....you're kids are so sweet :)I have a feeling Eli's going to be just as good of a big brother to Noah :)

Jesse Curtis said...

that is so awesome! when we have kids we're definitely going to use the bible in pictures for little eyes.

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of my Great Grandchildren. I think Cosette is going to be a little teacher for Eli. She stores so much in that little brain of her's. Sometimes I think she can say words that I can't. G. Rosina

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...